Sunday, May 31, 2009

MOM! I can't believe you just said that!

So my Dad and Russ were out of town today so my mom and Amanda came over for a girls Sunday dinner.  It was a typical Sunday dinner where we talked about our past weeks, about our church lessons, and about what's coming up.  We had a really good time.  


After dinner we went outside because my mom wanted to pick some yummy apricots off of our tree.  She had a handful so we all started to walk back inside to put them in a bag.  All of a sudden she pulled a fast one on us.  She turned to Amanda: 

Mom:  Did you know that there are male apricots and there are female apricots? 

Amanda: What? Really?

Mom: Yeah, this one is a male apricot.  (She shows Amanda the deformed apricot.  Mind you, she said this with a straight face.) (See pictures of the deformed apricot below.)

Amanda: Oh my gosh! No way! 

Debbie:  What? Let me see that!  

(A big smile appears on Mom's face).

Everyone: Non-stop laughter!  (I can't even stop laughing while writing this.)

Amanda: MOM! I can't believe you just said that!

For all of you who know my mom, she is the sweetest, kindest, most amazing woman ever.  But she has a little secret....  She occasionally likes to play jokes on people.  It doesn't happen very often, but when it does, it is always absolutely hilarious!  So thanks mom for a good laugh! 




4 comments:

amelia said...

AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! SO FUNNY! I hope she didn't alarm little Amanda :)

Katie Schultz said...

oh wow. That is an amazing story mostly because I know your mom. That sure is a male apricot

Chelle said...

That is hilarious! Thanks for the pic...now I know she just couldn't resist...who could?

Valley Girl said...

ok first of all, this apricot is soooo a male, loud and proud!!!
your moms sooo funny , she can pull it out of no where, love her!!! this is just too much!!! i seriously can't stop laughing!!!