Wednesday, May 27, 2009

LONDON--favorite pictures


Mom and I went to go and see the play Grease.  It was absolutely amazing.  We were second row and it was so cool to see the show in such intricate detail.  The actors would smile at us and point at us. We were so involved with the play that the show went by so fast! We thought it was an awesome play!
Dinner at TGI Fridays.  Gotta love American food in Europe! 
At the top of St. Pauls Cathedral. 
I couldn't believe I did it.  After around 400 stairs... I made it to the top. I was so proud of myself that I had Amanda take a picture of me doing a victory jump. 
 Amanda snuck this picture of me inside the dome at St. Pauls Cathedral right before the guard came over and told us no cameras.  The dome has a whispering feature like no other.  You can stand on one side of the dome and whisper against the side and the sound carries right to the other side. It's amazing.  Amanda and I had a ton of fun whispering to each other by saying each others names. 
The British Museum houses quite a few mummies.  I loved looking at all of the tiny details carved on the caskets.  I can't believe that the bodies are still preserved this long over time.
In front of the Rosetta stone. It's amazing what this one little stone did for translation and for mankind.  Without it, we wouldn't have been able to read the bible or many other great works. 
And yes, the Jonas brothers.  We were heading to TGI Fridays before Grease when guess who appeared... the Jonas brothers!  Jeni got some really good shots, which I have to get from her, but this will do for the time being.  All three of them walked by us. It was pretty cool.  I thought Amanda was going to faint, but surprisingly she said it wasn't "that big of a deal" and that Jesse was going to die when she saw the photos.  
Amanda and I at the top of the St. Pauls. We did the cathedral together and it was so much fun! 

No comments: