Saturday, March 29, 2008

PINK & WHITE--Russ favorite colors



Yesterday I did laundry to get ready for our trip to the Bahamas today. There were two loads of towels left when I had to go to work and I asked Russ to make sure that he put the whites in the dryer and then do the towels. I didn't think I needed to explain that there was a reason why I separated all of the red towels into a pile and all of the white towels into a pile and that there were two loads sitting there-- not one. Then this morning i get up and I can't find the pile of the clean whites---they're still in the dryer and guess what is in the washing machine sitting there wet all night---the towels---mixed... but now they're pink and white---and since they sat there all night---they're staying pink and white!

When confronted, Russ said the thought it was okay to wash all of the towels together because the towels were older and had already been washed a few times--so there shouldn't have been any problems. Then I asked him why he didn't wash it on COLD COLD if the colors were mixed (since he had it on WARM--HOT). His response was "maybe I should stick to only being allowed to do the whites."

You know what? I'm VERY grateful that he's such an AMAZING cook--he really makes amazing food! And on my end, I learned a lesson....This 26, almost 27 year old (who should know better) should stay away from the laundry from now on! :)

4 comments:

Chatty Cathy World said...

Russ, i guess you take after your Mom. Dad had pink/whites when he was about you age too.

Sarah said...

That is so funny...You should make Russ use the pink towels and wear the pink clothes...:)

The Trotter Family said...

It gives you a good excuse to buy fluffy new ones and well, sadly, it give him a good excuse to never do laundry again!

amelia said...

Rookie mistake Russ! Now make him cook a pink meal.