Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I HATE TAXES

It's 2 a.m. and I can't sleep because I started doing taxes around 10 p.m. tonight and I can't stop myself! I have to finish tonight! We've been procrastinating so long on doing our Schooled Magazine taxes that I finally decided it was going to get finished. I feel like I'm in one of those cartoons where you see all of those snapshots of numbers flying by the persons head as they sit there pounding away at the numbers. I'm even envisioning that I have my own narrator (like that that guy on the disney cartoons with the really low voice) and he's currently narrating how "this annual event takes place once a year and is only to make American's figure out that WAY WAY WAY too much money is going to go to the government." We'll actually I just can't believe how much money we spend and earn a month. I just calculated how much trade (bartered goods we got from businesses who couldn't pay all cash) we got last year alone and it's over the amount we spent to buy my Mini Cooper! And that's just the trade.... It's funny how thousands of dollars seem like so much, and then it slips away with the expenses of running the business. I'm amazed... Well this blogging break is now over... back to the taxes mess. Where is Jeni (my braineac sister accountant) when I need her to answer all of these QuickBook questions? Probably asleep like the rest of you.

6 comments:

Don said...

Hey you two! Good thing I found you on Jeremy's blog. Just wanted to say hi and see how everything is going.

Looks like you are having a good time.

-Don

Chelle said...

Ug, we haven't even looked at our taxes yet! I hope you got to write off lots of expenditures!

Carrie Braunalicious said...

Aww, Deb :( Taxes are no fun. And should definitely be relegated to normal business hours.
Let's hang out soon- I miss my Debbie!

amelia said...

I am totally procrastinating mine as well...and I have to file as an independent contractor! We're sending them to an accountant.

Valley Girl said...

DAMN IRS!!!!

Kristyn said...

guilt trip jenni into doing them for you. just kidding. taxes stink, but the refund is awesome!