Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Napoleon Russ


For the March issue of Schooled Magazine, we got an exclusive interview with Jershua Hess, who is the screen writer for Napoleon Dynamite and Nacho Libre. The big problem was that we couldn't get professional photos of him... and since there was nothing online that was a high enough quality for the magazine---I did the only thing I could think of... I drew the guy... just like Napoleon Dynamite would. You'll have to check it out in the new March issue. Russ was SO SO SO jealous of my drawing... I decided I would surprise him with this personalized one with his very own PEGASUS! :) I hope he likes it.... this one is for you BABE! :) Can you think of any other "items" I should have added into the background?

6 comments:

Mrs. Case said...

Deb, you crack me UPPPP!

Carrie Braunalicious said...

When I think of Russ, I think of Halo and kabobs. Halo because it's what Nick mentions every time we talk about Russ and kabobs because he had like 30 at my graduation party and I thought it was the funniest thing ever. Don't know that they would fit in your picture, but there's my two cents!

Valley Girl said...

Um hello-o, where are the latest electronic devices??? I have heard Russ can't live without them!!!

HAHAHAHAH That is so great....I love your art work...can't wait to see it 'published'!

amelia said...

Jerusha or Jared? Jerusha is the wife of Jared.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the drawing Debbie! I can think of a couple things to add...some sort of electronic gear like an XBox as well as a juice box.

Kristyn said...

your creativity is amazing! i never would have thought of drawing a pic for this, and it's so hilarious too! i'm w/ val though, you should throw in an iphone or something techy.

The Trotter Family said...

That is cute! I think you should frame it and put it up in your house. It is like a little love note. Anyways, I think you should make a new tradition of writing your funny stories out every Friday. I will look forward to Fabulously Flubbed Fridays!