Monday, August 25, 2008

Orange County Fair

A couple of weeks ago (sorry, it's taken me forever to find the time to update the blog! And the fair has since closed) we went to the Orange County Fair with Lisa & Jeff (cousins) and their three children Gavin, Rachel, and Sarah, and with Jared (cousin) and Betsy (friend). Russ had met the person who runs the fair in his shop and the guy gave us free ride tickets (and Russ and I got in for free). We had a fun night playing games, shopping in the booths, watching the crazy show where hte people balance on nothing, ate the worlds largest hot dog--it seriously was like 5 pounds, yummy kettle corn and Jared & Betsy ate one of the famous Krispy Creme Chicken Sandwiches. Yes, you heard me right...it's a Jelly filled Krispy Creme, cut in half with a chicken patty in the middle... gross? I would thinks so, but Jared and Betsy loved it! We had a great time! CHeck out the pictures!

Jeff & Rachel catching a fish--which won a stuffed dolphin!

Gavin won a spiderman...and boy was he excited! All he had to do was throw a dart and pop a balloon...and he did it! Lisa's a proud parent!

Debbie & Russ in front of the ferris wheel

The lighting ride--poor russ had bruises afterward from being crushed to the side. I couldn't stop laughing...I thought I was going to pee my pants.

This ride was a little tight for Russ...hopefully it didn't cause too much damage.

Lisa & Sarah

Russ with his funnel cake

Debbie & Betsy with kettle corn

Jared & Betsy eating the infamous Krispy Creme Chicken Sandwich

In front of the small ferris wheel

2 comments:

amelia said...

I love the fair. Funnel cakes just warm my hear.

Betsy Hite Reddoch said...

Mmm... Krispy Kreme chicken sandwich.