Thursday, August 28, 2008

Lovely Lupus

So today my Grandma took me out to lunch with one of her friends who has Lupus as well to tell me what it's been like for her to live the last 10 years with the disease....and it really made me think this afternoon how grateful I am for all of the support and love I have received the last nine months of treatment.  First to Russ--who puts up with all of my complaining and side-effects and loves me no matter if I gain weight.  And to my mom--who comes to all of my doctors appointments with me, is always sending me emails and updates about things she hears.  And to Cathy (my other mom), who calls all of the time to see how the latest doctors appointment went, and how I'm doing. And to my grandma, who is always worried about me being in the sun for too long.  And to all of my family and friends who have shown genuine concern and love for me.  I have kinda been in denial during the whole thing--and have brushed it off and tried not to let it become too much of my life, but it's been amazing to have the love and support from those around me.  I just want to say THANK YOU to all of you!!!!  I love you!!!!

5 comments:

Chatty Cathy World said...

Debbie, Your the Best and we Love you!!!!! My Favorite picture in the World is the one on your Myspace with you and Russ at the Fair, on the "Tilt O Wirl"

amelia said...

Debbie - you are a rockstar. Seriously, out of everyone I know, you are the only one I know who handles such a trial with such a positive outlook! You are a great example.

Mrs. Case said...

Deb, you're a super strong woman even if inside it doesn't feel that way. I am positive that your super strong spirit will carry you through. If iwas me, I'd be on the Pity Pot all the time but you're never like that. You live with Lupus, it doesn't rule your life.

Ruthie said...

I had no idea, oh how I miss you and I iwh swe could have gotten together when I was in So Cal. I miss you and I am inspired by your example. I adore you!

Carrie Braunalicious said...

You are incredibly strong and deal so beautifully. I love that you're willing to share how things are going and I KNOW that your positive attitude is going to be an amazing attribute. I heart my Debble and I'm ALWAYS here for you!