Thursday, August 14, 2008

Debinchi

So I go and get debbie this really nice painting set with brushes,
paints, pencils, and pastels. It has a whole easel so you can place
the painting and paint. And this is what she came up with. I think it
is beautiful but there may be some critics that would say she has a
long road ahead of her or at least a few painting classes at the
community college. ........ Actually the canvas was from a garage sale
and she wanted to test it out. I will keep you updated on what she
paints for real.

7 comments:

Mrs. Case said...

Russ, that is the most romantic and thoughtful gift I've ever heard of!

Russ and Debbie said...

Okay, so it sounds like I must defend myself. I had never oil painted before... and I wanted to see how the different brushes worked....and in the end, I just decided to smear it all together because I wanted to keep it seperated... I can't wait to show you guys the real "paintings" when I do them! :) Wasn't this cute of Russ to do? He bought this HUGE art set--you can't see all of the boxes that are on the table--but there are like 500 paints, 100 pastels, 100 paint brushes, colored pencils, drawing paper, canvases, etc. And they are all in these beautiful cherry oak cases. It's going to be so fun to learn how to paint! I can't wait to take a class! :) thanks again babe!

amelia said...

That is a great gift! Go Russ! And you are going to do art classes? How fun!

And Debbie, I think this painting needs its own name to be real art. "Melancholy red" or something artsy sounding.

Carrie Braunalicious said...

I think its inspired. And what a thoughtful gift, Mr. Taylor!

Happy Anniversary you two!!!

The Trotter Family said...

That would be fun to do! Maybe we should make that a girls night in!

Chatty Cathy World said...

I Love it.!!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice, when does the bidding start?