Saturday, February 9, 2008

Since when do Seagulls float?








Okay so Russ and I had a really fun day today! I woke up at 5:30 am and couldn't sleep! So I woke him up and we decided to go to garage sales.  After one purchase of a knife (russ found a really cool one--hopefully he doesn't poke his eye out with it), and figuring out that garage sales suck in February, we decided to drive to Doheny Beach and walk around the harbor.  The weather was amazing!  It was 85 degrees today!!!!!    
So we were walking along and Russ had a total "debbie-ism."  We were looking at the water and this seagull lands in it.  And he goes-- "since when can seagulls float?" It took him all about .5 seconds when he realized his mistake and the stupidity of the question, but it was already too late. I was already on the ground laughing! So I grabbed his iPhone and took a picture of the momentous moment! :)  Look at the picture--Check out the water and see the actual seagull he had his question about.  Finally, Russ with a Debbie-ism! (not that he doesn't get enough of them from me already!) 

Anyway, we hit up Costco (we missed Tyler and Desiree... but I'm sure you guys went today too! :) You were in our COSTCO thoughts!).

We went home and gave Baxter a bath.... and since Jared says how much HE LOVES how Russ and I put Baxter on our blog (like we are obsessed with Baxter or something--you'd think he's our child-substitute or something like that---hum...) I thought I would add a couple cute photos of his LONG hair! 

Then Rob and Megan invited us to go to a bull dog beauty contest in Long Beach.  So we met them up there and watched 400 bull dogs compete for beauty prizes.  It was so much fun! Check out these pictures of people who went crazy dressing up their dogs! :)  (And Russ and I thought we were bad!)  Then we walked around 2nd Street and checked out a whole bunch of boutiques and cute stores.  Then we headed to their house to hang out, and we just got back so I can finish the layout on the February issue! :) It was the perfect day!  

3 comments:

The Trotter Family said...

That is the way to spend a Saturday! We spent about half the day at home cleaning and doing laundry. Oh well, next weekend will be more fun. I hope Russ has more Debbie-isms as time goes by!

amelia said...

HAHAHAHA, oh Russ!

Jared said...

Wow, before this very moment... I had never before heard of Debbie-isms. Keep them coming! YES MORE MORE MORE pictures of Baxter. He looks like a pup when you give him a bath.