Friday, February 8, 2008

Are you excited for the OSCARS?


So I had to find some fun facts for the magazine on the Oscars coming up. It got me really excited! Since the red carpet for the Academy Awards was off (dang writers--seriously, they need to get over themselves), I'm really looking forward to the Oscars! :) Here is a list of some of the fun facts I found:

Oscar Stats
Tune in February 24th on ABC for the Oscars!

At 8.5 pounds and 13.5 inches tall, “the Oscar” depicts a knight holding a crusader’s sword. He stands on a reel of film with five spokes, signifying the original branches of the Academy: actors, writers, directors, producers, and technicians.

Walt Disney has won more Oscars than anyone else. He was nominated for 64 and won 26!

“Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King” is the only film ever to have won every single Oscar for which it was nominated.

5 seconds is the delay between taping and the telecast of the Academy Awards (a lag which was introduced in 2004).

1996. The year Joan Rivers debuted as the host of E! Entertainment Television’s “Fashion Police,” striking fear into the hearts of red-carpet professionals everywhere.

11. The most Oscars ever won by a single film. It’s happened three times with “Ben Hur,” “Titanic,” and “The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.”

3. Number of actors who have won an Academy Award without uttering a single word on camera (Jane Wyman in “Johnny Belinda,” Sir John Mills in “Ryan’s Daughter,” and Holly Hunter in “The Piano”).

45 seconds. The suggested length of an acceptance speech.

3 comments:

Mrs. Case said...

I only go to the movies 2-3 times a year (in protest of the high ticket prices) so I watch The Oscars so I can see everyone's outfits and watch them do silly, celebrity-only behavior.

amelia said...

Now I want to see the movies where those actors/actresses didn't talk. P.S. I tagged you! Read my blog!

Carrie Braunalicious said...

What a fun blog! We should have an Oscar party and watch them together- you up for it?
PS- I'm so sorry I didn't return your call last Saturday- we were out of town for the weekend and it slipped my mind to call you back when I got the message on Monday. We're here all weekend if you and that wonderful husband of yours are free!