Wednesday, April 1, 2009

We love you grandpa!





Thank you for your prayers. Today at 7:05pm, John passed away in the San Clemente Hospital.  He was not in pain.  


He was a great man, and to me an amazing grandfather.  He will be missed by his 12 children (6 Eadys, 6 Matlocks), his 49 grandchildren and his many great grandchildren.  

I had the opportunity to visit with him a couple of weeks ago and spend three hours with just him and my grandma as we discussed what was happening in our lives.  Little did we all know at the time what the near future was brining.  I feel blessed to have been able to spend a little time with him each day since we learned of his condition.  I am so grateful to have had him and his love in my life.  

We'll miss you grandpa!!!!!!!!!


6 comments:

Nicole said...

What a great smile he has. I'm sorry to hear of your loss. It's so hard to lose a family member you adore. It's such a comfort to know death is not the end, right?

Ruthie said...

A touching tribute Debbie. Thinking and praying for you and your family during this time, Love you!

amelia said...

6 kids, 49 grandkids! What a successful life.

Mrs. Case said...

I'm with Ameilia, 49 grandkids is a pretty fantastic feat! What an amazing guy he sounds like!

I'm here if you need anything.

Carrie Braunalicious said...

Aww, Debbie. I'm so sorry to hear of your grandpa's passing. I'm thinking about and praying for you and your family.

Barbara said...

What a great Legacy he took with him.
Spending time with him these last days will stay with you forever. You are right to feel that great blessing.
B.