Monday, April 13, 2009

April shots

My mom sent over the following pictures from April so far.  She made this amazing Easter dinner on Sunday and even surprised me with my grandma making my absolute favorite dessert, her famous lemon meringue pie.  It was too die for! My favorite crust and everything.... the only problem is when I tried to lick the candles-- I got a little wax... the meringue wasn't as oily as the frosting so when I went in for the lick, I got a little more wax than I was barging for.. but the pie was delicious.  

Cute picture of the parents and Russ and I.... 

My grandma who makes several of my favorite things ever--one being this world famous dessert. :)  I think she does some special thing where she lets it sit in the pantry at room temperature so the meringue gets these amazing little sugary dew droplets on the top... really it's to die for.
Me and Russ.... cheese...I'm 27 on Tuesday!  So old!  
Russ and me with our Easter outfits on.  After I took the curly and mo photos earlier this day, Russ and I decided to make up an Easter song and wear the wigs over to my parents house to be funny.  I think the Easter song was something like this:  Happy Happy Easter, Happy Happy Easter, Happy Happy Easter, Haaaappppppyyyyy E-aster!  
This is me and my sisters at the luncheon after the funeral.  It was a day full of celebration for Grandpa Matlock... I just noticed that we all have the EXACT same cheeks---they may be a little fuller on some faces (like mine), but we all have the same ones.... funny huh?  

1 comment:

Chelle said...

Happy birthday young-un! Have a great day!!