Sunday, October 5, 2008

Kitty

This is Kitty.  Kitty was my best pal for the first five years of life.... Everywhere I went... Kitty went.  When I learned to walk... I had a problem... I liked to run into the street.  My parents wanted to teach me that I couldn't just run out with out one of them holding my hand.... so they decided to teach me a lesson.  They put my kitty in the middle of the street and let me watch with great fear that Kitty would be hit as cars drove by.  After sobbing for a while, my mom went and got my kitty out of the street and sat down with me and said "see how you feel when your kitty went into the street when it was not safe... and you cried and wanted her to be safe again?  That's how  I feel about you when you run into the street."  Never the less, I learned my lesson and never ran into the street again.  

The funny thing is one time I was telling Russ this story and I forgot to mention that Kitty was a stuffed animal...and he started to freak out.... he was like--why the heck would your mom put your cat in the street to see it get run over???? What's wrong with her?"  I then figured out that I had left out the minor detail that kitty was not real.... and we had a good laugh... today we were going through my old stuff in preparation for my parents move, and we found kitty.  We did a little reenactment of the "famous scene."  Here it is.... 

Crazy mom puts kitty in the street (she has a little smirk on her face doesn't she? :))


Me crying for kitty in the middle of the street.

Here is a close up of kitty!

5 comments:

Hizzeather said...

lol...that is an awesome story! And I'm going to have to remember that tactic when I have kids. Very effective!

Chatty Cathy World said...

What an awsome way to teach you to be safe!

Betsy Hite Reddoch said...

This reminds me of an episode of Arrested Development where "lessons" were taught with the help of a one-armed man named J. Walter Weatherman.

"...And that's why you always leave a note."

Chelle said...

Smart mom! I didn't realize kitty was a stuffed animal at first glance & wondered why you were posting a pic of your cat's death scene.

amelia said...

HAHAHA, best story ever.