Sunday, September 14, 2008

Recommendation for date night on the town....



Saturday night Rob & Casey Herberich invited us out for a night on the town. We had such a good time, that I wanted to share it with you other So. Cal kids just in case you are looking for something fun to do!

We started out with all you can eat sushi at You & I Sushi in Laguna Niguel on Moulton (right next to Yogurt Land). It's a must try for one of the best all you can eat sushi's in South Orange County (second to RipTide at the Kalidescope). I loved the crunch roll and their You & I roll was huge (...that's what she said---Russ just made me write that here).

We followed dinner by playing miniature golf at Boomers off of Culver in Irvine-- so we could work off a little of the sushi we devoured. Boomers brought back lots of memories---one I think involves Allyson Pulido-Didlake right after we graduated from High School--where I think we got kicked out one time because we were on a double date and the boys were really rowdy and threw their putters in one of the water features and broke something. Luckily my picture still wasn't on the wall for people not allowed back.

The night was filled with lots of "That's what she said" jokes...funny how miniature golf holes and large sushi rolls can do that to you. We ended up having a great time playing two rounds of 18 holes.... well 17 holes on the first one, because we couldn't turn in our balls for the 18th-right? The course was a little ghetto as several of the lights were out and some of the decor could have used a fresh paint coat.... but it all added to the fun.

First time we played singles and it was Casey (1), Rob (2), Russ (3) and me of course 4th (I swear, it takes me like 20 hits to get the ball in). And the second round was boys vs. girls and the boys took the cake--poor Casey was stuck with me and my gazillion hits.

It was a ton of fun... so next time you're looking for a fun date night... I suggest Boomers & You & I Sushi! You can't go wrong!

The pictures above are from the joyous night--sorry I think your eyes are closed Casey--but it was the only picture we took!

3 comments:

Betsy Hite Reddoch said...

Sounds like a delightful evening! I'm jealous!

Anonymous said...

Debbie:
I think it's in the genetics. It takes a lot of strokes for me to get the little golf ball in the little golf hole too.
Mom

Mrs. Case said...

My eyes weren't closed, I just squint when I smile!

Such fun times!