Monday, September 1, 2008

First night in Hawaii!

Val picked me up from the airport ( she got here 7 hours earlier than
I did ) and after we went to costco to pick up some food, and Borders
to pick up some books, it was pretty late and we decided to head back
to the hotel. As we pulled onto the main highway the car started to
shake really bad and make this awful noise. I told val to pull over
and she pulled off into the dirt. When we got out we couldn't see a
thing because there were no lights. Something was moving in the bushes
so I freaked out and we jumped back into the car and locked the doors.
We decided to drive to the next lighted area so we could see what was
going on. As we were driving it totally sounded like we were dragging
a dead body and since it was so dark I was totally freaking out. We
pulled into a hotel on the side. And found we had a flat tire. See
picture below. We called the rental place and they said they would be
right there.... Since we were only 6 miles from the airport. But it
ended up taking two hours! They brought us our new car and we were off
onto our next adventure.

3 comments:

Chatty Cathy World said...

Smart , Safe Girls you are. I am glad it all worked out!

amelia said...

Noooooo...what a bummer! Kicked off your girl's trip to quite the rocky start.

Carrie Braunalicious said...

Good thing you two have such great attitudes- I'm sure it'll be the start to an adventurous time!
BTW- disregard the message I left you earlier- didn't realize you were in Hawaii NOW. Have a great time, can't wait to hear all about it when you get home. Tell Val HI from me!