Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Earthquake. Not such a good spot to stand.



Okay, so we just had a 5.3 earthquake in Chino Hills. And we DEFINITELY felt it here! My first reaction was to freeze and figure out what the heck was going on. My second reaction was to run to my office door and stand in the doorway--isn't that what they teach us in school? Anyway, as I was standing there, I looked up above me and was like--wow--this is stupid. My whole door and wall is glass! By the time I figured out how dumb it was for me to be standing there--it was over. We've felt a couple of other small one's...but everything is okay. I'm glad it hasn't really effected anyone yet. I was nervous that it was a big one somewhere and people were hurt, but the reports are currently not showing that. So reason number 1015 of why to live in California-- you get to ride earthquakes! :)

By the way the way, for those of you who have asked--this is what my office looks like. :)

6 comments:

Becca said...

Wow, I didn't realize you had your own office. I don't know what I thought...but that's cool! It looks so spacious. Jealous!!

amelia said...

HAHAHA, I have shared your glass window story with a couple friends - that's funny. Your office is so clean and organized!

Mrs. Case said...

Deb, I'm confused on the name change thing-did you mean that Russ wanted you to have only his name, your name, or that he wanted you to have both?

The Trotter Family said...

Hopefully you will never have to experience an earthquake that strong. How scary would that be?

Mrs. Case said...

OK, I am about to tell you a pathetic story:

On Sunday I ran to the grocery store for the second time that day and saw Russ. He was talking on the phone to you (I presume) about bringing home pineapple whilst standing in the meat section of Ralph's. I knew it was him and I ran and hid. How pathetic, right? Rather than being friendly, etc, I ran away because I looked soooo tore up and ragged from the night before. I didn't want anyone I knew to recognize me! Yikes! And he probably wouldn't have anyway since he has only seen me twice, LOL!!!

Mrs. Case said...

It WASN'T him?!?!?!??!? I refuse to believe this. The guy had the exact same glasses and everything. I remember because I have always like Russ' glasses.

We are free any time after Wednesday next week. We'd love to go see a game. Are they in town?? Yeah, I can't wait!! Call me!

P.S. I'm hosting a give away on my blog to promote postivity so send your readers my way and they might win a yummy prize!