Saturday, October 17, 2009

The hills are alive..... with Franz the Butler

Try singing the title... catchy huh? Well the Barlow hills are alive... they have been for the last four months as my dad, Jim, has been studying, practicing and enjoying working on a theater production with the San Clemente Stake Church of Jesus Chris of Latter Day Saints... you guessed it, The Sound of Music. Russ and I had the pleasure of attending his second opening night last night. My mom is sending over the pictures, so I'll update soon. My dad plays Franz the Butler who in the play has a lot of parts. It was really cool to see him on stage acting. When I was a little girl he did a couple of other amateur productions with the church including "Moving On" and "Razzle Dazzle" where he played singing and acting parts. Going to the Sound of Music was a little bit of a flash back for me and very enjoyable. He did such a great job! All of his queues and everything were perfect. It was a little weird to see him heil hitler though. Not so sure I enjoyed that... but hey Franz the Butler was a Nazi, so what can you do... he played his part perfectly. The evening was great and I'm thinking of going to see it again next week. The play made the Orange County Register today. Anyway, it was such a treat to see him up there acting. I'm so glad he has fun outlets like this that he likes to do. It made me so proud of him! :)


Link to the OC Register Article:
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/cook-maria-mccleary-2610662-church-experience

3 comments:

Valley Girl said...

Oh man, i miss those stake productions. I can totally imaginr your dad acting it up! Remember that video we did in highschool to ask the BYU boys to homecoming.. didn't he fall in the pool? Clasic!!!
I wonder where that video is....Hmmm we should find out who has it.

The Trotter Family said...

That is funny. You would never think he would have it in him!

Kathy said...

It makes total sense when you know his mother. She even got my dad to sing a solo.