Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Snail Tipping


So every night when I take Baxter out to go to the bathroom, he snail tips. Let me explain. We have lots of snails around our neighborhood...and for some reason, whenever we walk by one, Baxter goes up to it, sniffs it, and then proceeds to tip it over. Why? I have no clue. But tonight I couldn't take it any more. The poor snail making its way across the sidewalk got to me. I pulled Baxter away before he could preform his normal brutality and saved the snail from its humility. I think it just goes to show that I've had enough. Today at work was extremely hard--I seriously do not get paid enough for what I do--something I hope will be rectified in the near future. We decided to close our doors and technically tell 50 people that they were out of a job (technically speaking--they have to "close their doors" until June 5th, and then hopefully the company will get going again). Being the only Human Resources person--questions and concerns, tears and anger was what I had to deal with all day. I had to put on a happy face and pretend like nothing effected me. Luckily it didn't... but when I came home tonight, I think the snail tipping was the last straw. I couldn't take it any more. Why does life have to be so tough for people some times? I know that we're never given more than what we can handle--but it just seems so unfair at times. I know things will get better this week, and as the next two weeks go along, I'll eventually reap the rewards of being patient and a good employee, but I just can't help but feel bad for the people I work with for everything that is going on. I don't feel like I can blog about it--just because you never know who reads these things, but if you want to hear the whole story--give me a call.... or maybe when all of this cools down I can sit down and write the whole story down--you won't believe all of the drama that's gone on!

5 comments:

Kathy said...

I know how you feel Debbie. I just had my VT here yesterday and she chose L. Tom Perry's talk from conference. She read the part about "How do we endure to the end". The part that she shared was "it is intended to be difficult, challenging and Ultimately refining. I think we all know we grow from our challenges if we face them like you did and just work our way to the refining part. But none the less it can be very frustrating and annoying.

Carrie Braunalicious said...

The people you work with are so lucky to have you as the person caring for them. I can only imagine how tough it is, but Im sure you're managing with the incredible Debbie grace and strength we all admire. Hang in there- and if they don't appreciate you, they're lame!

The Trotter Family said...

Better than cow tipping, right?

Brooke and Aaron said...

I'm so sorry to hear about all of those frustrations. Aaron and I recently had a huge trial and I felt like I couldn't take another minute of the stress. I was searching for a pick-me-up and came across this... "Just when all seems to be going right, challenges often come in multiple doses applied simultaneously. When those trials are not consequences of your disobedience, they are evidence that the Lord feels you are prepared to grow more. He therefore gives you experiences that stimulate growth, understanding, and compassion which polish you for your everlasting benefit. To get you from where you are to where He wants you to be requires a lot of stretching, and that generally entails discomfort and pain." [Elder Richard G. Scott, Nov 1995 Ensign] Anyway, sorry for the long post. We're thinking about you. Hope everything works out for you!

amelia said...

I still cannot believe the crazy work drama. Just think: Hopefully a promotion and raise are in store?

Ha, on the bright side, how funny is Baxter? Snail tipping?!