Saturday, January 15, 2011

July 2010 Synopsis

Kristen's Baby Shower

July came right around the corner and all of a sudden it was time for Kristen's baby shower. This time it was at my home. I decided to make it a little easier and set up tents outside in a little community grass area across from my house. We rented tables and used lots of balloons, streamers, beautiful sunflower decorations and hanging balls to tie everything together. We had a great turn out and again, it was a great morning full of great friends, delicious food, and lots of laughs.







July Fourth

Since Kristen's baby shower was on July Fourth weekend, all the sisters were down. My dad had just had his surgery, so we sisters decided to go down to San Clemente Pier and watch the fireworks. It was fun hanging out in beach chairs, snacking, and talking away.


Ed & Kana's Wedding

It was really super cool that my cousin Ed asked me if I could be his photographer for his wedding. It was so much fun to organize everyone and take pictures. Unfortunately the San Diego Temple was under construction, so the temple pictures didn't turn out that amazing, but our group shots turned out good. Here are a few of my favorites from that day. Oh, and have you ever seen a bride and groom smash a whole cake in each others faces? It was the coolest thing I've ever seen! Check out those pictures at the bottom!







Allison Barlow Wedding

My cousin Allison married her love Nathaniel this summer. We Barlow's love a party... so I headed up to Valencia for her reception. On the way, I got a speeding ticket (it was so unfair-the cop pulled over about 5 other people in the wedding party who didn't know where they were and didn't see the well marked sign when entering the neighborhood), but anyway, that didn't put a damper on the reception. It was beautiful. I got to hang out with my cousins which was so much fun. Here are a few shots of the day.




Waterpolo

So I decided to add a little fun to the summer and take a Waterpolo class with one of my high school waterpolo buddies, Leah Johnson. We also hooked up with Renee too and it was a lot of fun. It was crazy being in the water with a whole bunch of kids fresh out of high school wanting to join the Saddleback College team, but Leah and I kept our pace and did a good job in scrimmages (we were always opposite of each other when scrimmaging). It was a lot of work and a lot of fun doing that for two nights a week for two months. We had a great time. I wish I had some pictures… but who wants to see me getting torn up in the water by a whole bunch of teenagers? Not me.

No comments: