Saturday, January 15, 2011

August 2010 Synopsis


Kylie's Born

I am an Auntie!!! Kylie Dawn Hulme was born August 9th. She is the cutest little baby! We headed up a week after she was born to meet her in Santa Barbara. It was love at first sight.




Bye Bye Eyelashes

Want to hear something so insane? I was sitting on the bed putting on my makeup on when a commercial came on with a dog. Baxter was on the edge of the bed, but not in his normal spot. I knew he would get over excited and jump as soon as he saw the dog so I yelled out for him to stay. But it was too late. He jumped off the bed and hit the end of the bed wood storage box we have. At the same time I was curling my eyelashes and my hand went out to stop him. But instead…. MY EYELASHES WERE ALL RIPPED OUT! Yes… and a days before my high school reunion. Nice huh? Have you ever seen anything like that? (click on the picture if you want to see it larger)



Vegas with my girls!

So in 2000 after graduating high school, the Rolls took us to Vegas and Lake Mead for our Senior trip. It was such a great time. And all of us remember it like it was yesterday. So in lieu of our 10-year high school reunion, Val and I decided to kidnap the girls. All they knew was that they had a packing list of what to bring and that they would be gone from Friday morning to Sunday night.

Val was so awesome, that she let us use her plane and pilot (yes she has plane). So when we all met for breakfast before taking off, we announced that we were flying somewhere (we had told the girls before that we were renting a car so it would be a total surprise). The pilot was in on the scheme, so when we arrived at the airport, he didn’t say anything about where we were going. So the girls loaded the plane and we went up in the skys! It was so fun because from John Wayne Airport, you start heading over the ocean for a while before they make you turn around and head back inland. So as we were flying out the girls were like “are we going to Hawaii? To San Francisco?” Then as we started to head inland it was questions like “Are we going to Val’s house? To Palm Springs? To Utah?”

While the girls were trying to figure it out, our pilot did a couple of demos where he stalled for us, letting our stomachs drop out of the sky. Not very fun for me, I was scared to death, especially since I was sitting co-pilot, but it was fun for the girls.

Almost an hour into it, Rachel was the first to see us descending on Vegas… “It’s Vegas!!!” she yelled! We all were so excited.

We spent the next few days living it up. We rented a car, stayed in one our friends hotels and hit the strip, shopping centers, going to a musical, and of course Lake Mead. We were supposed to rent a boat at Lake Mead, but it was too choppy, so we went to a beach and hung out in the lake instead.

There were a lot of sleepless nights for the girls (I couldn’t make myself stay up, I was too tired) as we all chatted each night away.

On Sunday we went to the Las Vegas Temple and had a devotional before we hit the buffet and jumped back on the plane. It was such an amazing trip. I am so grateful for these girls. Ten years and we are all still the best of friends. I can’t wait for our next adventure!



















Flash Back From 2000 Vegas Trip

How little were we? It's crazy to see us doing the same stuff 10 years ago!











Mission Viejo High School 10-Year Reunion

So how does it feel going back to your 10-year high school reunion? Most people would say you would be nervous, or wouldn’t know who and what you were going to see, maybe you would feel shocked that it was like you never left high school… but for me, we’ll I don’t know how to describe it. It was so much fun to catch up with old friends that I hadn’t seen for years—many since the day we all graduated. I was lucky to have helped plan the evening, so I had already been in touch with a lot of people through that, so it was more or less finally getting to see them after the work we put in.










No comments: