Sunday, January 31, 2010

Christmas in Seattle: Christmas Morning

My parents tell a story about when my sister Jen was around 9 years old on Christmas morning she decided to complain that she didn't get enough gifts and that present time didn't last long enough. While we were eating breakfast an hour or so after the gift opening, in revolt she said "All the rich people are still opening presents." Well this Christmas morning was full of at least two hours of unwrapping. I don't think I've ever spent that much time unwrapping presents in my life! Cathy and Brian really spoiled us rotten. Russ also surprised me by going shopping and buying me about 20 items for my wardrobe! What a stellar husband right? My coolest surprise gift came from Cathy and Brian which was a coach purse! Russ got the cams he wanted for his car (supposedly they add another whatever horse power to it.. which puts him over 500?)
Carly made Russ and I this beautiful blanket. Here we are opening it. I love how Baxter is looking right at the camera. Here's Scott getting his gameboy (maybe PS3?I'm not good with the names for these things) which I guess he had snuck under the tree and opened a day early so he could charge it and put it back in the box without his mom seeing he had already opened it... so it was all ready for him to start playing on Christmas morning.

Brian made us the coolest clock ever! It's our favorite picture of Baxter. It now is featured in our kitchen and is our favorite clock ever!
Here are Russ and Brian doing a high-five on their awesome presents!
Here we are opening our stockings which were LOADED! They had gift cards and our favorite candies, t-shirts for Russ and Scott and COACH keychains for Carly and I. They were the coolest stockings ever!

After the long present opening festivities, and a nutritious breakfast of more cinnamon rolls and sugar cookies, we lazily sat down for a game of New Moon with my new board game. Even though the boys refused to play with the pink and purple game pieces and had to use their own army men on the board, surprisingly Scott ended up winning the game. I think we might have helped him out a little too much with the trivia, but hey, a winner is a winner. Congrats Scott on being the Twilight New Moon Champion (a title I'm sure you'll want to share with all of your friends.)

No comments: