Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My very first silk floral arrangement

It's almost finished! I still have to add three more flowers and I'll have accomplished my first silk floral arrangement! My mom and I have been looking for something to fill this spot in the great room/smoothie bar area and we were baffled at the $300-$400 price tags for silk floral arrangements.... So I said--hey I can do the same thing for a fraction of the cost.  So my mom and I went to Michaels where she picked out the types of silk flowers she liked. We figured out a scheme, and tonight I designed the arrangement.  All for around $100.  It's a pretty big arrangement around 3 feet tall and about a foot wide.  Not too shabby huh?  I'm excited that I've had some fun projects lately to do to spark up my creative juices--not to mention the fun I've had with my mom shopping and deciding what flowers to use! 

3 comments:

Kristyn said...

First, your painting class, now this! I'm uber impressed Debster! That looks awesome! And I too think silk flower arrangements have to be one of the most over-priced things in this world. Way to go creative girl.

And I love how you called the room the great room/smoothie bar area! :)

Ruthie said...

Ohh la la! You are amazing... always up sto something wonderful!

amelia said...

YOu need to be a pro. That's beautiful.