Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!



So I have officially decided today that Russ and I have gotten boring over the last little bit... yep, that's right...
B - O - R - I - N - G.

I don't know if it's because we hit our 5 year mark together, or if it was the move to California moving away from certain friends, or from being part of the magazine and always knowing what was going on and the different options always available, or what -- but we're no longer the party animals we used to be.

Don't get me wrong, I am happy where we are at... but I do miss all of the late night Schooled parties, the Settlers game nights with GJ & Amelia, the Macaroni Grill dinners with Tyler & Desire, tennis with Chris & Lynsey, different crazy weekend activities, and something to do almost every night of the week.

I think that I have decided that this is going to be my New Years resolution this year... doing more fun and unique things. I'll be checking the community calendars, keeping my ears open for cool concerts, plays and such... and just being more spontaneous and fun what we do.

Russ has decided that his new year goal this year is going to be a race car driver. He is having so much fun with his car and doing a whole bunch enhancements and upgrades to it, that he's started to take it to the track. He's loved it so much that he's going to try to make it a "permanent" hobby--and start taking it to races....

So bring it on 2009..... here come the Taylors!

3 comments:

Carrie Braunalicious said...

For the record, I think you've always been fun!!!
And I'm in for random, fun events and promise to call you more often when we're going to do something.
We had SO much fun last night with you all- sorry we were party poopers and left WAY before the stroke of midnight, but we had a blast while we were there. the house looks great and I can't wait to see it come along!
So, Deb, here's to a EXCITING 2009!!!

amelia said...

Wow Debbie I was just thinking the same thing. We still don't have that one couple in SLC we can just call up for a chill game or movie night or split up boy and girl's time for video games and a Ross shopping trip, respectively. Our New Year's was a party with fellow friends-with-children, leaving an hour before midnight to put the baby to bed and falling asleep at 11:30 on the couch. WILD I tell you. Anyway, I've made a "Branch out and hang out more with old/new friends here" resolution. We just need to move back to the same place, apparently :)

The Bordens said...

Hey Debbie thats not supposed to happen at 5 Years it is supposed to happen at 7 Years,thats why they call it the 7 Year itch! Just kidding but you guys are still TOO YOUNG to get bored so live it up like its 2009!!!!!Besides now you have a wedding to help plan:)