Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Last day of art class and I missed it!

So today was the last day of my two-block beginning watercolor class that I took at Saddleback college. And I missed it. I ended up having to work late (that's every day this week--I better take a half day on Friday!) and I couldn't find an umbrella... so rather face the embarrassment of being way late and completely soaked... I decided to come home and reflect on the fun I had in my class and the paintings I did. We did about two-dozen paintings during the class--while a lot of my fellow classmates stuck to scenic french landscapes and old barns, I found a love of drawing poppies (no I'm not a druggie) which I recreated off of drawings I found online. Here are a few samples of my work...as you can see I've come a long way... and yet still have a long way to go. I'm having fun and it was all inspired by Russ, who, for our fifth year anniversary bought me an easel and paint set. I'm planning on taking the oil painting class in February--I even asked Santa for all of my painting supplies.





8 comments:

amelia said...

DEBBIE. These are BEAUTIFUL! I want that 2nd and 4th one.

Chatty Cathy World said...

Wow Debbie we are super inpressed

Chelle said...

Nice work! We should paint together somtime....I painted two pics like a year ago & the clean up is so much work I kind of stopped....plus I didn't know what to do with a bunch of lopsided paintings :):) I really like that last one!

sachiko said...

Wow Debbie! You're basically a renaissance woman! I love the second one and totally wouldn't mind displaying it in my house. I mean, what are friends for, right? :) I actually have a friend that makes some extra cash on the side doing it. http://abstract-art-by-jamie.blogspot.com/ Keep painting, you're fabulous!

Valley Girl said...

holy cow debb!!! You are really good!!! I am sooo impressed1 How fun to have found a new talent!!! Cant wait to see your work ina galery someday;)

Kathy said...

Excellent job!! You should display some for sale at Russ' work or on craig's list or something. I love the colors and would totally buy the 2nd and 4th ones too. Good job.

LW said...

Debbie these are great!! I love the 4th one!!

Hizzeather said...

Those are great! You've got talent!