Sunday, December 9, 2007

TWO Busy Days


So yesterday was our company party at National Merchant Center. I was responsible for the event and it turned out to be so much fun!!!! We had 65 people come to Fox Sports Grill at the Irvine Spectrum, and we had a pool tournament, lunch buffet, and a gift exchange. I had a lot of fun the last two weeks putting together seating charts and table decorations, making snowflake name holders, and shopping! It really came together yesterday... and it was one of the first parties I've put on (I did a lot of events with Schooled Magazine), that I wouldn't have changed one part of the whole thing. I guess it really does pay off to be prepared! I also got kudos from both of my bosses and that felt really good! After the party, I came home and took a long nap, and then wrote a talk for Sacrament meeting in church. My moto since we've moved to California has been to do one thing at a time, the most important is at the top of the list. This usually means that I "last minute" everything, but I've adjusted to this new type of planning. Anyway, the talks today went great! I was nervous for only a few minutes before, and when it was over, it felt that a huge weight had been lifted off of my sholders! :) Then just now, at 11:15pm on Sunday night, I finally finshed designing the DECEMBER issue of Schooled Magazine-- that goes to print tomorrow. The cover is really unique, and has grown on me. I know it's loud, but it's what I feel this holiday season is going to be--- REALLY LOUD!!! :) With a trip to Utah this upcoming weekend, then flying to Seattle the following week for a Christmas break, and then Kristen's wedding on December 29th, followed by a fun New Years, we'll be with a lot of friends and family! I can't wait! Well I should probably get some rest! :) Better go!

3 comments:

The Trotter Family said...

Yikes, you are going to need a massage by the end of the holiday season! Didn't anyone tell Kristen that getting married over the holidays is stressful? She will need a massage too, but I know Riley will be happy to do that for her!

Kristyn said...

You always put together the coolest parties - so sad we'll be missing them in the future! I'm sure your bosses we're super impressed!

Mrs. Case said...

I think the cover is HOTT!