Sunday, November 9, 2008

Need a good book to read?

A Wrinkle in Time (Time, Book 1) A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
This book was a fast read that sparked my imagination. I read this book when I was younger and loved it... my friend Valerie gave me it again as a gift and I just read it for the second time and found it even better than the first time I read it! It really made me think about time, space, distance, etc.... the author has a wonderful imagination and I feel lucky to have been able to have been able to share in it. I just ordered three other books from the same author... "A Wind in the Door," "A Swiftly Tilting Planet," and "Many Waters." I can't wait to see what these books have in store for me.


View all my reviews.

Anyone else read this book? What did you think of it?
Any other good books out there that I should check out?

4 comments:

Becca said...

A Wrinkle in Time was one of my favorite books growing up! If you're looking for more children's books, don't forget about Lois Lowry, who wrote The Giver and Number the Stars, and there's always The Mixed Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler...

Kathy said...

Years ago one of my kids had this book and I read it. I really liked it a lot. I was just talking to Kevin (our third child) about books last night. He was buying a book he already owns and I asked him why. It was to give to a friend for her birthday. The book was "Enders Shadow" by Orson Scott Card. He really likes this author and the Enders series. I think Enders Game is the first, but I am not sure.

A and M said...

So random, I just finished reading A Wrinkle in Time too! I remembered loving it when I was in 5th grade or something and I had the urge to read it again. Such a good book!

Mrs. Case said...

BTW, I tagged you for a meme on my blog. :)